RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB SPOTLIGHT AUTHOR - SHIRLEY HARRIS-SLAUGHTER
It's Kindle Ninja's turn to host Rave Reviews Book Club Spotlight Author: Shirley Harris-Slaughter THE LEGACY! When I started attending OLV the first thing I noticed was that all the high school aged children were going to St. Leo. I thought that was so odd. Why are they all going there? What was over there that brought all the children? I got my answer when I started the research for this book. I never met Fr. Roberge because he was gone by the time my family came to the parish, but I got to know him through the members because they never forgot him and they were sending their children to his new church assignment – St. Leo. Here is an excerpt that explains it all. Excerpt By the late 1940s, Cardinal Mooney had begun to think in terms of an integrated Church. He never condemned segregation, and he tolerated it from some of his parish schools. Chancery sympathies in the postwar years were leaning towards those priests who were interested in the “Ne...
