The Girl Who Wouldn't Die: A Searing Slow Burn...




The Girl Who Wouldn't Die by Marnie Riches

★★★ 5/5 
 
The book puts you through a series of events that didn’t make sense at first. They were just pieces of a complex puzzle bolstered by misdirections, red herrings, shifty characters, and a frantic storytelling that will drive you insane.

I wanted the story to end fast to make sense of it all. But when it ended, I didn’t know what to do with myself (I call this the Amsterdam Syndrome).

It’s a searing slow burn of a book.

And it’s brilliant. 

There's a heavy Stieg Larsson influence but I still wasn't prepared when the author drops the bomb.

And George McKenzie? We didn't hit it off, not immediately. But when she reveals bits and pieces about herself in every chapter, I knew I found a badass character that I want to get to know more.

This is a crime book junkie’s fix. It takes a while to kick in, but when it finally does, you’re in for one explosive ride.

 
**I'd insert some expletives to express my pleasure and satisfaction, but this is a wholesome blog. 

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons Why You Should Read “The Girl Who Walked in the Shadows"

REVIEWS: Kindle Ninja Reads More Chick Lit - Part 2

KINDLE NINJA: TWO REVIEWERS, ONE BOOK - LOVING NATE by Janice G. Ross

Episode 8: Conversations over Milk & Cookies - Katie Hayoz

Reviews: The Short of It